Sunday 18 August 2013

The Preatures/Is this how you feel?


I want to go back to the 70’s. End of the war, free love, where music was our religion and I would be welcomed with flowers in my hair.

There are a couple of bands I’m truly loving at the moment which are vibing my 70’s feel; 
First up – Haim



I’ve been loving on these guys for about the last year, and their tunes just keep getting better and better. If you don’t know them, you’re living under a rock and need to get out there and feel the sunshine, man. Their first song “Forever” always reminds me of “Time after Time” by Cyndi Lauper, yeah, I know it was release in 1984, but there was also a cover in the Baz Luhrmann film Strictly Ballroom, a classic Baz before he got all blue screen computer generated on our ass, again that was released in 1992, but really, we are getting off track here, the point I’m trying to make is they’re a great band who rock the Fleetwood Mac sounds and the whole sceen is now trending in Australia.

Let me introduce you to The Preatures; Just released their EP Manic Baby and its true rock and roll down to the core. Hailing from Sydney and recently winning the prestigious Vander & Young award, these guys now how to make you feel good, deep down you know this music is food for your soul.


Listen to it, breath in very last drop of it and tell me you want to come back to the 70’s with me. You can find me on the dance floor getting my groove on.

No comments:

Post a Comment